Residential solid waste is collected once a week, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The collection day depends on where you live in the city. Trash must be in the dumpsters and ready for pickup by 8:00 a.m. on collection day. The total cost of this service is $25.00. Fees are included in your Utility Services bill, which also includes City of Borger water and sewer charges.
Up to four households share 3-yard containers in alleys. Please remember:
- Do not move or relocate the container.
- Do not place bulky items, such as furniture, building materials, dirt, or rocks, in or next to the containers.
- Remember, the alleys are not to be used for storage of bulky items. This is considered illegal dumping and can incur a fine not to exceed $2,000.00 as per City Ordinance, Sec. 1.01.009
- For safety, keep children away from refuse containers and collection trucks.
- Do not overfill containers. Overfilled containers create litter and may not be serviceable.
- Please bag and tie garbage to prevent odors and flies.
- The city will only service containers provided by the city. Do not set out garbage in other cans, boxes, or receptacles.
- Containers are assigned to the property address.
- Do not use garbage containers for dirt, concrete, building materials, large carpet rolls, hazardous or toxic waste, unwrapped animal waste, or large items such as furniture, water heaters, etc.
- Do not put car and truck tires in trash containers. Take to landfill or set out for brush & bulky collection.
- Never place hot ashes, cinders, coals, or other burning material in garbage containers.
There are some areas within the City of Borger that do not have enough space to utilize dumpster services. These residents will be supplied with lightweight curbside Poly carts, which are serial numbered and registered to your address. Please record your cart’s serial number in case it is damaged or stolen. Please use this cart for all household trash. Your garbage will be picked up once a week. There are also some citizens who have their curbside refuse picked up by hand. This will also be picked up once a week.
Poly cart Guidelines
- Put poly cart out no later than 8:00 AM on your designated collection day
- Place poly cart NO further than three feet away from the street
- Place poly cart with the lid opening facing the street - handle should face the house
- Poly carts should be set away from mailboxes, cars, trees, and any other obstructions
- Two or more poly carts at a residence/business should be placed at least two feet apart
- Lids on poly carts need to be closed with no trash sticking out and no trash placed on lids
- Brush, boards, metal, or any other non-household waste should NOT be placed in poly carts
- Do NOT fill cart with hazardous waste such as acids, chemicals, hot ashes, or unbagged animal waste
- City-provided poly carts ONLY. Extra cans or bags will be left at the curb.
- Remove the poly cart from the curbside at the end of your collection day
- Carts should be rinsed out occasionally to avoid offensive odors
Residents who repeatedly violate the rules and regulations may incur a service fee on their utility service bill or be subject to court-imposed fees.