City Services Information
The Transfer Station is open at this time however no in-person or cash payments are accepted during this time. When you arrive at the transfer station please call 806-273-0977 so payment can be made over the phone before arriving at the scale house.
Utility Billing is located in City Hall and City Hall is closed to the public during this time. You can check your bill, pay your bill, and set up recurring payments by clicking HERE.
You can also signup for our WaterSmart portal to check your water usage and set up leak alerts by clicking HERE.
You can report a Water Leak or sewer stoppage by clicking HERE.
To contact Utility Billing with questions or to Start or Stop services call (806) 273-0918.
Birth and Death Records
You can download Birth and Death Certificate Application by clicking HERE.
Who Can Request a Birth or Death Certification?
For births within the past 75 years and deaths within the past 25 years, only the immediate family members of the person whose name is on the birth certificate or death certificate are eligible to request a copy. Those with any other relationship must provide legal documentation, such as a court order establishing guardianship. If you are the legal representative of a qualified applicant, send us a release which documents a direct and tangible interest in the record you are requesting.
You application for a Birth or Death Certification must contain a photocopy of the applicants (person requesting the Birth Certificate) valid (not expired) photo identification. If you do not have a valid photo identification, other acceptable forms of identification must be provided. A list of other acceptable ID’s may be found here.
|Short Form Birth Certificate||$22.00 per certificate|
|Long Form Birth Certificate (For Passports) Must have been born in Borger.||$23.00 per certificate|
|Death Certificate||$20.00 and then $4.00 for each additional certificate|
Completed, signed and notarized applications and copies of required identification can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to PO Box 5250, Borger, TX 79008-5250. Mailed applications must include a check or money order, and a self addressed stamped envelope. If you email your application or what you drop the application off at City Hall, you may do so through the Utility Billing Drive-up Window. If you emailed the application, payment will need to come through the Drive-up window to provide payment and receive your birth or death certificate. If you have any questions, or wish to schedule a time to discuss your needs, please contact Stella Sauls at email@example.com or by phone at (806) 273-0902.
Building Permits and Inspections
The Planning and Development Department officers a customer portal for Contractor Registration and Building Permits. This allows Contractors and Homeowners to request building permits and inspections online line. Instructions for how to register as a collaborator can be found here. You can access the online portal by clicking here.
Questions about permits, inspections and code enforcement can be directed to Shelby Webster, Permit Technician, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 273-0910.
Other Planning and Development Questions (Zoning, Building Standards and General Questions) may be directed to Kathy Doyle at email@example.com of (806) 273-0908.
You may pay your citation online by clicking here.
Additional information about payment arrangements and other information can be found by clicking here.
The Municipal Court lobby is closed to the public at this time. Please call for instructions and services offered online and over the phone.
You may call the Municipal Court at (806) 273-0975.
Residents may make other requests for service by using our request tracker that can be found here.
What is the City of Borger doing to slow the spread?
The City’s top priority is the safety and well being of our community and this includes following recommendations and guidelines from State and Federal government sources. We are committed to keeping our residents informed with factual information during this difficult time.
- Collaborating with area public schools, industry, healthcare providers and local government officials to educate the public
- Created fluid Borger Area Coronavirus (COVID-19) status level chart to help increase public education in a quick effective manner during this unprecedented time
- Created web page dedicated to keeping residents informed and helping spread prevention messages
- Created text option for local COVID-19 updates, text HUTCHHEALTH TO 888-777
- Amended certain City facilities open-door policies to help slow the spread
- Waiving late fees on utility bills and service will not be disconnected, however billing will continue
- Participating in daily conference calls with the State and local health officials regarding the disease.
- Regularly encouraging the use of online options and phone service utilization in all public education efforts
- Ensuring "continuity of service" by closing doors of certain City facilities to the public. Continuity of service ensures we remain operational and able to provide essential City services throughout the entirety of this worldwide pandemic. This is partly done by protecting our limited City personnel that are able to perform skill-specific operations. The City’s priority remains the safety and wellness of our community and this includes following all State and Federal guidelines. If one or more of our employees were to contract the virus it is recommended from both State and Federal services that they enter a period of quarantine for no less than 14 days. Many of our employees are so essential that a 14 day quarantine would severely impact the delivery of City services, such as police and fire protection, trash pickup, water and wastewater services and more. We strive to ensure our employees remain as safe as possible for the benefit of both our citizens and our employees.
AdministrationPhone: (806) 273-0900Fax: (806) 273-0974
Fire DepartmentPhone: (806) 273-0948Fax: (806) 273-3259Emergency: 9-1-1
Customer Service & Utility BillingPhone: (806) 273-0918
Emergency ManagmentPhone: (806) 273-0955
Johnson Park Youth CenterPhone: (806) 273-0987