Solid waste is collected 1-3 times a week, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The collection day depends on where the business is located in the city. Refuse must be in the dumpsters and ready for pickup by 8:00 a.m. on collection day.
All commercial establishments shall be charged a minimum fee of $45.00 per month for refuse collection services within the City of Borger.
- Safe and accessible container locations, as approved by the City, shall be provided by the owner/occupant of the establishments needing container collection. Containers shall be located a minimum of 6 feet from the buildings, overhangs and any other objects to prevent damage during the dumping process and comply with Fire Department regulations and City Code.
- City containers shall not be moved without the express permission of the Solid Waste Collection Division.
- All raw garbage shall be placed in leak-proof containers before being placed in City containers for collection. Liquid waste is prohibited in City containers. All loose paper or other materials that pose a “fly-away” hazard during the dumping process will be placed in sealed containers (tied bags) prior to being deposited in the City container.
- No hazardous, infectious or industrial waste shall be placed in City containers. This includes waste cooking oils/grease, major auto parts and large items that hang outside the perimeter of the container. Tires are prohibited from being placed into the City container.
- City employees will not be required to collect refuse stacked above the side panels of the container, which would prevent the lids from closing.
- Material stacked in front of or around a container, which prevents the container from being safely emptied, shall constitute a “blocked container” and will not be dumped until the material is relocated by the establishment(s) assigned to the container.
- Containers that are inaccessible due to obstructive parking or other reasons beyond the control of the Solid Waste Collection Division will not be dumped. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the container(s) are not blocked on the scheduled collection day.