The City Secretary is the election official and oversees the administration of City Elections to ensure compliance with all city, state and federal election laws and policies and to ensue the city elections are conducted in a fair and impartial manner.
The City Secretary is the Early Voting Clerk for all city, school, college and hospital district elections.
It is the goal of the City Secretary's Office to facilitate the election process. Please contact us at (806) 273-0902 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of further service.
City of Borger Election Clerk’s contact information:
Stella E. Sauls
P.O. Box 5250
Borger, TX 79008-5250
Current elected officers for the City of Borger are as follows:
Mayor Marvin “Marvin” Dickson
Mayor Pro-Tem Karen Felker
The May 2, 2020 Election has been postponed until November 4, 2020 because of safety precautions for the COVID-19 pandemic; at this time the County will handle it.
Eligibility Requirements per Election Code
§11.11. General Eligibility Requirements
- Standard requirements. In accordance with the standard eligibility requirements for a city office, a candidate must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
- not have been determined by a final judgement of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated;
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote:
- not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city or in the district or ward, as applicable, for six months (City of Borger requires 1 yr. residency) immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, preceding the date of the election);
- be a registered voter in the territory from which the office elected as of the date of the filing deadline for a candidate’s place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, as of the date of the election). [EC § 141.001(a)].