Any inoperable self-propelled vehicle that:
- Does not have lawfully attached to it:
- An unexpired license plate
- A valid motor vehicle inspection certificate
- Is wrecked, dismantled or partially dismantled, or discarded
- Has remained inoperable for more than 45 consecutive days
A vehicle is considered junked and a violation of City Ordinance when the vehicle is located in a place where it is visible from a public place or public right-of-way and is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the general public tends to reduce the value of private property, invites vandalism, creates fire hazards, constitutes an attractive nuisance, and is detrimental to the economic welfare of the city and is a public nuisance.
The owner of any vehicle meeting the requirements commits an offense and, on conviction, is subject to a fine. Upon notice of violation, residents have 10 days to remove the vehicle and schedule a hearing.
For more information, contact the Department of Planning and Zoning. Is there a Junk Vehicle creating a nuisance in your Neighborhood? Contact the Department of Planning and Zoning at 806-273-0909 to Report Junk Vehicles.