Planning & Development
The Planning and Development department serves the citizens of Borger through consistent, courteous and professional enforcement of adopted community codes and building standards.
We prepare for the future of Borger and the surrounding region by encouraging quality growth and sustainability, while striving to protect the unique features of our community that make it an outstanding place to live, work, shop and play.
The Department oversees community development through building standards, zoning, subdivision standards, and development and implementation of our community's Comprehensive Plan. The Department protects public safety through enforcement of Zoning Ordinances and Building Standards. The Department also oversees Operation Facelift, the removal of substandard buildings, the enforcement of Junk and Abandoned Vehicle Ordinance.
Boards and Commissions
The Planning and Development Department provides staff support to the following city boards and commissions:
- Building Standards Commission
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Board
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
MyGov: For Online Permits, Inspections and Contractor Registration
The City of Borger's Planning and Development Department has implemented MyGov, a software program that enables citizens and registered contractors to access building permit and code enforcement information.
Access Building Permit Applications, Trade Permit Applications, Apply Online for a Permit or Contractor Registration and access ICC Code Information for the Planning and Development Department.
- Why do I need a permit?
- What happens if I go ahead and build without a permit?
- I’ve worked on construction projects for a long time. I’m not an amateur and there has never been a problem with my work. Why do I still have to get a permit?
- With all the construction going on in my jurisdiction, how would I get caught if I don’t get a permit?
- What powers do the permit offices have to enforce their permitting rules?
- How are permit fees used? What exactly am I paying for?
- It’s my property. I do not have a mortgage. I do not plan to carry insurance on my structure. Why can’t I build whatever I want? Why do I have to get my building inspected?
- I think my neighbor is building without a permit. What should I do?