Reserving the Pool
Rental fee includes decorating, eating, opening presents and clean up time. Lifeguards must have Johnson Park Youth Center pool area and building cleared and locked up within 15 minutes of the end of rental time.
Rental fee for Swimming Pool and Youth Center is $135 per hour and $125 security deposit for Borger Residents. Check Johnson Park Youth Center Price list (PDF) for Non-Borger Residents. Reservations accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and must be at least 5 days prior to the event. See the Johnson Park Youth Center Price list (PDF) for all rental fees.
The security deposit will be returned provided there is no damage to the swimming pool, any part of the Johnson Park Youth Center Complex, and the facility is left clean and in the condition, it was in at first walk through, no maintenance or security is required because of use. If facility is not left as rules have stated, all security deposit will be forfeited as well as additional fees. If for any reason the Borger Police Department is called to secure the event, the applicant will forfeit the full security deposit and all other payment(s).
Reservations must be made in person. Applicants must be:
- 21 years of age
- Primary sponsor of the event
- Present during the entire duration of the event
The person who signs the application is responsible to maintain proper conduct of all those attending the function, both in the swimming pool and on the surrounding grounds. Full payment must be made to secure reservation. By accepting the use of the City Pool, you also accept the responsibility for all damages to the premises sustained during your use.
The City of Borger does not have interpreters to explain the Rules and Policies of rental procedures. It is the responsibility of the renter to have an interpreter present at time of rental and at first and second walk through.
Rental Dates / Times
- Dates for renting the City Pool must be made through Johnson Park Youth Center supervisor.
- The maximum rental time is three (3) hours, 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. The pool is available to rent Monday through Sunday.
A $25 processing fee will be charged on all cancellations. The Johnson Park Youth Center Supervisor and lifeguards have the right to postpone, cancel or close the event because of hazardous weather conditions or other acts of God due to public safety and concerns. The City of Borger and Johnson Park Youth Center staff shall have no liability for such postponements, cancellations, or closings. We have no control over the weather and will do our best to remain open. A refund or partial refund of the reservation fee and security deposit will be made or reservations may be rescheduled depending on availability.
The Johnson Park Youth Center Swimming Pool Provides one supervisor and four lifeguards for up to 100 guests attending the party. Applicants must give an approximate number of guests expected at the party when making reservation, for staff to schedule additional guards if needed. Groups larger than 100 will require additional lifeguards for safety reasons. Each additional lifeguard will be an extra $10 per hour in addition to the rental fee.
Any person may be ejected or removed from the facility for disruptive conduct or inappropriate behavior, including, without limitation, disorderly conduct or assault, such conduct will not be tolerated. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to: abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language.
Food and drinks are not allowed in the pool area. Applicants are responsible for all their guests until they are picked up by their parent or guardian.
Care of the Swimming Pool
- The applicant is responsible for their own clean up. The swimming pool and all surrounding areas including locker/restrooms must be left clean and clear of litter and other debris. Clean up must be completed within the time period of the reservation agreement. All tables must be wiped clean and all trash must be placed in trash cans. Lifeguards will inspect for compliance. Failure to comply will result in the forfeiture of your deposit and possibly additional charges.
- Property belonging to the City Pool, such as tables, chairs, equipment, slides; diving board etc., if broken will be reimbursed by applicant. Applicants will be held strictly accountable for any property damage.
- All regular Johnson Park Youth Center rules and policies are still enforced. A copy of these rules and policies will be given to applicants when they sign the rental agreement. Policies will include locker/restroom policies also.
- The Johnson Park Youth Complex swimming pool, including surrounding grounds and parking area, is an alcohol, tobacco, drug, and weapons free zone. There are no exceptions. All contraband (cigarettes, tobacco products, drugs, alcohol, or weapons) will be confiscated and the police will be called.
- The Johnson Park Youth Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items during the rental period.
- No storage is available before or after the event.
- Cooking is not permitted on premises.
- No decorations can be taped, pinned, tacked, stapled, etc. on the walls or floors. Glitter and confetti is prohibited. No candles, lanterns or open flames are allowed (except birthday cake candles). Decorations must be flame retardant. At the completion of the event, all decorations must be totally removed from the facility.
- Lockers are available in the locker/restrooms.
- All rules of the Youth Center also apply.